Trust admits that negligent failure to prevent deterioration of a sacral pressure sore led to death of 71 year old man

Trust admits that negligent failure to prevent deterioration of a sacral pressure sore led to death of 71 year old man

4th May 2022 – Our Client, Mrs S, from Canterbury, Kent came to us following the sad loss of her father, Mr C, in August 2019. Mr C had reduced mobility following a discectomy in 2017 and he was therefore largely wheelchair bound. As a result of this had a heightened risk of pressure ulcers which was suitably managed by his community healthcare team whilst he was living at home.Continue reading this article

£100,000 recovered for fall in hospital resulting in hip fracture

£100,000 recovered for fall in hospital resulting in hip fracture

Our client, Mrs W, an elderly 92 year old woman, from Sittingbourne, Kent, sustained a left hip fracture as a result of falling whilst an inpatient at Medway Maritime Hospital.

A claim was brought against Medway NHS Foundation Trust on the basis that despite being proven to be very unsteady on her feet no preventative measures were taken to stop her from falling, she was allowed to leave her bed unsupervised and no care plan was put in place before the fall.Continue reading this article

Family of Care Home Dementia Patient who died after swallowing latex glove settle negligence claim for undisclosed sum

Family of Care Home Dementia Patient who died after swallowing latex glove settle negligence claim for undisclosed sum

Sally Ann Digby died on the 31st May 2014 (aged 53) when she swallowed a latex glove whilst a resident at the Phoenix Park Care Village in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire.

Sally had suffered with dementia for a number of years and therefore was transferred to the Phoenix Park Care Home in order for specialist care to be provided to her.  She was unable to look after herself and required supervision and assistance from the carers at the Residential home. Continue reading this article