Orthopaedics is the medical speciality that focuses on injuries and diseases of your body’s musculoskeletal system, which includes not just the bones/skeleton but also the joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves that allow us to move around.
Typical cases that arise include:-
- Missed / delayed diagnosis of fractures through failure to x-ray or misinterpreting / misreporting x-rays.
- Failure to test for nerve and vascular damage.
- Failure to diagnose serious presenting conditions such as compartment syndrome and cauda equina.
- Negligent use of tourniquets during surgery.
- Failure to operate at the optimum time.
- Femoral shaft fractures or nerve injuries during hip replacements.
- Positioning and tracking errors during knee replacement surgery.
- Inexperienced surgeons undertaking complex surgical procedures.
Our team has extensive experience of dealing with all forms of orthopaedic cases, including those highlighted above.