Here we are dealing with primary care providers who often provide the first point of contact when you are presenting with a medical problem. Issues surrounding general care and treatment levels, diagnosis, commissioning proper investigations and making timely referrals occur in this area.
Typical cases that arise include:-
- Not taking or recording an adequate history from a patient.
- Failure to act upon test results – eg cervical smear results.
- Failure or delay in diagnosing a medical problem, eg cancer, meningitis, etc.
- Failure or delay in requesting further investigations, eg X-ray, scan, blood tests, etc.
- Failure or delay in referring for specialist treatment – eg to a specialist department in a hospital.
- Failure to visit a patient at home when requested.
- Failure to identify and treat tooth decay or gum disease.
- Inadequate root canal treatment or placement of crowns, bridges and implants.
- Negligent extraction of teeth, particularly wisdom teeth, and associated nerve damage.
Our team has many years of experience in dealing with GP, out of hours and dental negligence claims like those listed above.