Fatalities can occur in the medical negligence setting, in various circumstances, and it takes the highest levels of experience, professionalism and sensitivity to take a grieving family through the complex legal pathway that can often present.
Typical cases that arise include:–
- New born deaths caused by negligence during delivery or post delivery.
- Failings in paediatric care.
- Failing to diagnose cancer and other fatal illnesses.
- Inadequate care, assessment diagnosis and treatment in dealing with trauma injuries in A&E.
- Deaths during surgery.
- Failings in the mental health service where patients who should have been compulsorily detained are not and go on to take their own lives.
- Anaesthesia and intensive care failings.
- Inadequate care and neglect of the elderly in hospital or nursing or care home settings.
Our team has many years experience of dealing with fatality actions for grieving families. We regularly appear at Inquests throughout Kent, London and the South East.