Sussex Health Care is a group of care homes providing healthcare in Sussex to vulnerable people.
They provide care for elderly people, people with dementia, people with neurological conditions and people with learning difficulties (profound or otherwise).
In August 2017 it was reported that the Police and the Care Quality Commission (‘CQC’) had performed inquiries and unannounced inspections in response to significant safeguarding concerns raised by West Sussex County Council.
The police have since been investigating alleged lack of care of 43 people at 9 care homes owned by Sussex Health Care.
Of those 43 vulnerable people 12 have since died. At least two that have died have been young adults.
The police are seeking to determine whether care standards fell to a criminal level of neglect, ill treatment or negligence.
They have, today, arrested a woman on suspicion of neglect and fraud.
No further details surrounding the arrest have been made available by the police due to the ongoing nature of the investigation.
The care homes concerned are:
- Beechcroft Care Centre, West Hoathy Road, East Grinstead
- Beech Lodge, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham
- Kingsmead Lodge, Crawley Road, Roffey, Horsham
- The Laurels, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham
- Longfield Manor, West Street, Billingshurst
- Orchard Lodge, Tylden House, Dorking Road, Warnham, Horsham
- Rapkyns Care Centre, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham
- Rapkyns Nursing Home, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham
- Woodhurst Lodge, Old Brighton Road, Pease Pottage, Crawley
If you or a loved one has been a victim of neglect, ill treatment or negligence by a care home or any other health care provider please do not hesitate to phone us free on 0800 999 5585, request a call back or submit your case details.