Legal aid available

For parents, or family members with parental responsibility for a child, Public Funding (Legal Aid) is available on a non-means, non-merit basis for representation in Care Proceedings or at pre-proceedings meetings. We are able to apply for Legal Services Public Funding on your behalf.

For other kind of proceedings, for example if you wish to apply to discharge a care order, legal aid may be available depending on the merits of your case and your financial circumstances.

We can also advise you in relation to other funding options.

Useful links