1.1 LEGAL INFORMATION
Before 6 April 2011, Fairweathers Solicitors comprised Nick Fairweather operating as a Sole Trader in business on his own account. On 6 April 2011 the business converted to a limited liability partnership and became Fairweathers Solicitors LLP. Some documents available through this website were produced before 6 April 2011. Nothing in those documents is to be taken to indicate that Fairweathers Solicitors LLP is anything other than a limited liability partnership.
Fairweathers Solicitors LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under number OC361699. It is a law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (“SRA”) of England and Wales under number 557178 and VAT number GB 878 799032. A list of the members of Fairweathers Solicitors LLP, and of the non-members who are designated as partners, and their professional qualifications is open to inspection at the registered office, 9-10 Boorman Way, Estuary View Business Park, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 3SE. The term “Partner” is used to refer to a member of Fairweathers Solicitors LLP or to an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
Fairweathers Solicitors LLP is not authorised by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
If you have any questions or queries regarding this policy, please contact info@fairweather- solicitors.co.uk and we will do our best to deal with your questions or queries as soon as possible.
We may update this Policy at any time without notice. Updates will be marked with a new edition number and dated accordingly. You agree to review this Policy regularly and to be bound by the Policy then in force as it appears on our website.
2.2 Privacy legislation
Fairweathers Solicitors LLP is subject to UK and European privacy legislation, which regulates the use of individuals’ personal information. This legislation imposes specific requirements on Fairweathers Solicitors LLP. All personal information supplied by you to us online via the website will be protected by us in accordance with current applicable privacy legislation and the terms of this Policy.
2.3 What personal information do we collect?
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal information in order for you to access the general information sections of the website. However, if you wish to benefit from any of the online services that we offer via the website and/or to register with us, you will need to provide us with certain personal information such as your name and contact details including your e-mail address. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the types of services which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information from you:
- Careers – If you choose to submit a job and/or vacation placement via the website we will collect and hold the information that you provide in that application. This information may include and sensitive personal details, such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, medical history and details of any criminal offences and/or involvement in any criminal proceedings. We will only hold and use the information you provide to us in an application for the sole purpose of considering your application and not for any direct marketing purposes.
- Submitting a claim – If you chose to submit details of a potential claim via the website we will collect and hold the information that you provide. We will only hold and use the information you provide to us in an application for the sole purpose of considering your application and not for any direct marketing purposes.
2.4 How will we use your information?
Except as otherwise stated above, we will use the information that you provided to us online for the purposes of:
- providing you with any service(s) that you have requested;
- dealing with your requests and/or enquiries;
- carrying out analysis;
- improving the quality of our services;
- maintaining our records for administrative purposes;
- tracking activity on our website;
- protecting our website against unauthorised access;
- assisting with police investigations and/or enquiries;
- complying with statutory and/or regulatory obligations;
Who do we disclose your information to?
Except as provided below, we will not share your personal information with any third parties:
- We may be required by law to disclose your personal information to third parties such as the Law Society and/or the Financial Services Authority.
- We may be required to disclose your information to the Legal Aid Agency for auditing purposes. You can choose to opt out of this at the initial stages of your claim if you so wish.
- We may disclose your personal information to the police or other public sector bodies with authority to request such information and/or fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, to prevent, detect or discourage crime and/or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We may sometimes use an internet device called a cookie to store login or other information on your computer. However, it must be noted that cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
We use Google Analytics to store information such as the time you visit the Website, whether you have visited before and the website that you visited prior to visiting our Website. For further information about Google Analytics please see http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Fairweathers Solicitors LLP operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by users of our website and our clients.
Please note that whilst we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information and/or other data that you disclose to us online via the website. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Copies of personal information
In the event you require a copy of your personal data that we retain, we will provide it to you once we receive the statutory fee.
Copyright: 2012 Fairweathers Solicitors LLP