Job Title: Medical Negligence Paralegal
Location: Whitstable, Kent
Fairweathers Solicitors LLP is looking to recruit a long-term Paralegal within their highly successful Medical Negligence Department.
The right candidate is likely to be a law graduate.
He or she will need to be hard working, highly motivated, empathetic, have exemplary client care skills and possess a keen interest in medicine and /or this area of the law.
Ideally you might already have some experience within the legal or medical fields.
Other requirements include strong IT skills, the ability to communicate well with a variety of people and excellent organisational skills.
You will be responsible for working within and supporting the Department including undertaking delegated work on senior fee earners’ Clinical Negligence files.
Your duties (after full training) will include:-:
- taking new client details, conducting research and presenting cases to weekly meetings of the medical negligence team;
- attending new client meetings and setting up funding agreements;
- securing, sorting and reviewing medical records
- maintaining registers of approved experts and counsel
- monitoring and reporting on case outcome
- assisting senior fee earners variously on high value cases, including those of maximum severity
- developing, in time, with training, own caseload of lower value cases, fully supervised
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter via post or email to Kate Virica using the details below:
Fairweathers Solicitors LLP
9-10 Boorman Way
Estuary View Business Park
The closing date for applications is 1st September 2015.
No Agencies please.